Monday 11 March 2013

Bookends

I was flipping through a magazine this weekend and stopped on an image of some sort of industrial tool being used as a bookend and the ideas started flooding my mind. Often when I am digging through thrift stores I come across really interesting pieces but I don't really see how I can use of them in a room. Finally, these little unique trinkets have purpose- bookends! Anything from a unique figurine, a vintage dish or teacup, a globe, a framed picture, or even a medium sized stone from a trip can be used to prop up your books. Not only does a creative bookend make a great conversation piece it breaks up the bookshelf and makes the space more pleasing to the eye.




 

Additionally, here is a great resource for bookcase styling: http://www.sasinteriors.net/2012/02/how-to-achieve-a-well-styled-bookcase/

No comments:

Post a Comment